Celebrate at the Gate (Welcome 2022).
Information on data processing for visitors to the event
Person in charge and Data Protection Supervisor
name and contact details of the responsible controller
sib Silvester in Berlin Veranstaltungen GmbH
Zehdenicker Straße 21
Phone: +49(0)30 208 48 40 – 20
Contact details of the Data Protection Supervisor
You can contact our company Data Protection Supervisor at:
Brainosphere 1 GmbH
Witzlebenstraße 21 a
Collection and storage of personal data, type and purpose of data processing and use of data
Group of data subjects
This data protection declaration is valid for visitors of the event “Celebrate at the Gate” (Welcome 2022) who received a ticket.
We generally process your name and email address.
We require the name in order to identify you as the winner of the ticket draw and to be able to address you personally. We will process the e-mail address in order to be able to contact you, in particular in the form of providing you with confirmation of participation in the event, which will be sent by e-mail.
In addition, we ask you to provide a telephone number where you can usually be reached in order to be able to discuss the special circumstances of the event and the production due to the corona pandemic with you before the event and to ensure your participation in the event. We will use the telephone number solely for the aforementioned purpose and it will be deleted after the event.
Purposes of data processing
We collect and process this data exclusively for the planning and implementation of the event. No other purposes are connected with this.
Data processing through image and video recordings
We or third parties (accredited press representatives / photographers) will take pictures and videos before and during the event for the purpose of reporting (with regard to the press representatives) and marketing and advertising in connection with the event (with regard to our staff, photographers).
If you do not wish to have any picture or video recordings made of you, you can inform us in advance or the person taking the photo. Insofar as the conditions of the special right of objection according to Article 21 German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) apply (see our information below), we will ensure that no more visual recordings of you are made and that none of the visual recordings made that show you are further processed and used. We expressly point out the exceptions to the production and use of photos and videos, which justify and support our legitimate interest in data processing in the context of the consideration (cf. below the explanations on the Art Copyright Act in the presentation of the legal basis due to legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6 (1) (f) German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation).
Insofar as photos and video recordings are made by press representatives, we point out that they themselves are responsible for this data processing and the subsequent use and further processing of the images and videos. Please contact the respective person directly.
We use the image and video recordings made by us or our employees on our website, on the social media accounts of DEF Media GmbH, Shine Conventions GmbH, sib Silvester in Berlin Veranstaltungen GmbH and ZDF on the Internet (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) or in brochures or other advertising media that directly or indirectly refer to or report on the event. Other advertising media in this sense may include, in particular:
· Image trailer
· Best of… Clips
· Documents for internal documentation
· Sales/marketing documents
Principally, these images/videos do not aim at the identifiable focussed presentation of an individual person, but always at enabling impressions of the event as a whole. Please refer to the legal basis for legitimate interests (Article 6 (1) (f) German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation)) below for additional information on the consideration of your right to privacy and the legal exceptions.
Live transmission by ZDF / information on special features of the image and video recordings
We would particularly like to point out that the entire event will be broadcast live on television (Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen, ZDF) and that you can therefore be seen at any time – even in focus – in the image of the live coverage. All or part of the live broadcast may also be repeated and all or part of it may be broadcast as part of “Best of …” programs. By participating in the event, you declare that you are aware of this fact and that you expressly accept these image and video recordings.
ZDF is not subject to the provisions of the German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) to a large extent within the scope of the media privilege to which it is entitled pursuant to Article 85 of the German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation). Here, in particular, § 12 of the German Interstate Media Treaty applies which provides you with your own legal protection options. Please contact please contact ZDF directly, as ZDF is solely responsible for the data processing in is solely responsible for data processing in connection with the live transmission.
Use of the “Crew Control” tool from Guest-One GmbH
We use the software tool “Crew Control” from Guest-One GmbH, Laurentiusstraße 35, 42103 Wuppertal (https://g1.de/crew-control) for data collection and data processing. The tool is specially developed for the management of data from participants in an event. The data processing is performed exclusively in Germany. We signed an order processing contract with Guest-One GmbH, which assures that, among other things. Furthermore, we received sufficient guarantees from Guest-One GmbH that appropriate technical and organisational measures will be taken to ensure that the processing is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the German General Data Protection Regulation and guarantees the protection of the rights of the data subject.
Legal basis of data processing and storage period
Data processing for the performance of the contract (Article 6 para. 1 p. 1 letter b) German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation).
Data processing is carried out in accordance with Article 6 para. 1 p. 1 letter b) German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) for the purpose of fulfilling the contract for participation in the event concluded between you and us (if applicable, tacitly by sending the ticket and attending the event).
We will store the personal data collected by us until the end of the event (in the case of special justification in individual cases, at most until the expiry of the limitation period) and delete it thereafter.
Data processing for legitimate interests (Article 6 (1) (f) German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation)
If and insofar as the data processing is not carried out for the purpose of the performance of the contract, it is carried out on the basis of our legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6 (1) (f) German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation). This applies particularly, but not exclusively, to data processing in connection with the production and use of images and videos as part of the event. Our legitimate interest is specifically that the collection and processing of this data supports and promotes the implementation and organisation of the event and, in part, makes the continuation of the event possible in the first place.
In this connection, the values of the German Art Copyright Act (KUG) are considered in the decision in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (f) German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation). Specifically, the KUG regulates three cases in which the consent of the person photographed is not required for the dissemination of the photographs:
· Portraits from the area of contemporary history;
· Images in which the persons appear only as incidental elements;
· pictures of meetings, processions, and similar events in which the depicted persons participated.
Depending on the situation, all three exceptions exist individually or cumulatively in the course of our event.
We store the data collected on the basis of a legitimate interest until the legitimate interest no longer exists, the consideration comes to a different conclusion, or you have effectively objected in accordance with Article 21 of the German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) (cf. the note on this below in this information) and we have no other authorisation to continue the data processing, which may be possible despite such an objection.
We assume that in the case of photographs or videos that have been published, the legitimate interest only ceases to apply once an effective objection has been made in accordance with Article 21 of the German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) (see our information on the special right of objection).
Note on retention and storage obligations
In case we are obliged to store data for a longer period of time pursuant to Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter c) German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) due to legal obligations, in particular due to tax and commercial law obligations to store and document certain data, we will store this data for the duration of the legal periods.
Disclosure of data to third parties
We will not pass on your data to third parties other than the operator of the Crew Control tool (see above). Your data will always remain within the EU or the EEA.
Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
· § in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. As a consequence, we are not authorised to continue the data processing that was based on this consent in the future;
· § to request information about your personal data processed by us according to Art. 15 German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation). You may request, in particular, information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about its details;
· § in accordance with Art. 16 German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
· § to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us according to Art. 17 German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
· § to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data according to Art. 18 German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful, if you refuse its deletion and if we no longer need the data but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have lodged an objection against the processing according to Art. 21 German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation);
· § acc. to Art. 30 German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation), to receive your personal data you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another person responsible;
· § pursuant to Art. 77 German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) to complain to a regulatory authority. You can usually contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or of our association’s headquarters.
Please contact us or our Data Protection Supervisor directly using the contact details above to exercise your rights.
Particular right of objection in the case of processing on the grounds of legitimate interests, as well as for direct advertising purposes
Provided that we process personal data on the basis of Art. 6(1)(f) German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) (i.e., because of legitimate interests), you are entitled to object to the processing of personal data relating to you by us at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation. If we cannot provide evidence of compelling legitimate grounds for further processing that override your interests, rights, and freedoms, or if we process the data concerned from you for the purpose of direct advertising, we will then no longer process your data (cf. Art. 21 German DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation)). For this purpose, you can contact us by post or by e-mail.
If we process personal data for the purpose of direct advertising, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising; this is also valid for profiling, insofar as it is related to such direct advertising.
Status of this data protection declaration: December 2021